Music, Mainstream & Me

Friday, March 27, 2009 / Posted by PageOne /

Every once in a while, there a few jernts in mainstream music that seem to resonate for me. Maybe I'm getting a little too old to be listening to this kiddie stuff because in public (in the car or on the bus), I don't really want folks to know I'm playing it on my iPod. Coco may also be making me a little self-conscious with her teasing. The thing about that is, she'll like it after I play it 5 or 6 times. I know that I like it or hate it in the first 5 seconds. I decided to put videos up b/c you can't catch a vid on TV to save your life!

Rick Ross - Magnificent (feat. John Legend)


After some rumblings as to the talent of this girl, Jazmine Sullivan, I decided to pick-up her album. Now I'm not one to listen or much less, buy, a current R&B record, but this girl can sing, the production is strong, and supposedly she writes most of her songs. Overall a varied, but solid album. By the way, this is the one that Coco has teased me the most about. Kamie liked it. Coco will too... next week!





Both have aspects that remind me of Lauryn's voice and delivery on

Labels:

1 comments:

Comment by Matty D on March 29, 2009

It's the poor mans biggie and mace. But I like it

Post a Comment